Saturday 15 April 2017

Japanese Aircraft Online Model Contest 004 - MICHAEL THUROW

Hi everybody,
I'm a Pacific War model enthusiast and love the idea of running a contest on the Hayabusa. This workhorse of the IJAAF seems a neglected topic among modellers, perhaps because it is a bit unspectacular, but such a beautiful slim little plane.
My entry to the contest is a Nakajima Ki-43 Ic Hayabusa flown by Captain Anma Katsumi, Leader of the 3rd Chutai, 64th Hiko Sentai in the Malaya-Sumatra-Thailand theatre, Dec 1941 - Apr 1942.
The model is Nichimo 1/48 built in 1995 embellished with a Falcon canopy and a few scratch-built parts.

Michael Thurow - Germany



13 comments:

Jacob said...



What a beauty, hats off!

Jacob.

Honza78 said...

Beautiful work.

4,2.

Arawasi said...

I love this one! Michael has done excellent work detailing the engine and the cockpit to make this old kit look soooo good. For me it's a 4.9.

Jacob, vote!

Anonymous said...

I agree and also vote 4.9. I love to see engine detail or other exposed areas.

Wind Swords

Jacob said...


my vote:5!

Jacob

D. Chouinard said...

4.9 for this one. Great work on an old kit!

Dan Salamone said...

That is simply stunning. A beautiful build!

Dan

Michael said...

Thank you very much for your comments. I'm happy that you enjoy my model.

Dan, could you please vote 1-5. Much appreciated!

Michael

Calin Ungureanu said...

For a '95 build and paint, hats of !
The degradation of the paint looks very convincing, and the paint has very good luster.
The detailing of the engine shows your love for the subject.
The only thing hurting my eye are the cooling volets, more precisely the back of them where they show a monoblock construction (no recess).
I vote 4.5

Pankoub said...

I'd like the tyres a little more weathered. Nice work. 4.4.

The kit slayer said...

Good work. 4.9

Fluffy said...

Nice! 4.5 :)

Unknown said...

Very nice build, the the engine interiors are great!
4.5 for me.