Wednesday 31 May 2017

Japanese Aircraft Online Model Contest 004 - DANILO RENZULLI

The model is in 1/72 from the Special Hobby kit with a few enhancements.
I must first say that after all that work  I'm  not very satisfied with this kit - especially at the front end.
The cowling shape resembles very little the original one despite my best to replace the kit's one with a resin piece from the AML kit. In both cases they are not as rounded as it should be, so....
I carved out the exhausts stakes from the resin cowling and replaced them with shaped plastic rods. The interiors have been enriched with p/e from the kit while the lower flaps come again from the AML kit as well as the canopy. The wheels are from a Kora decal sheet offered with resin ones.
All markings have been sprayed with masks I made myself. Painting has been achieved by spraying first Alclad aluminum then - using the "salt technique"- spraying a mixture of blue, black and a tad of white, all from Humbrol. No protective coat has been applied.
The quality of pictures is not very good as I was in a hurry I didn't have a better camera at hand.
 
Danilo Renzulli - Italy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Arawasi said...

Looks fantastic for its scale, Danilo. Extra points for all the work you did and for not using decals! Minus points for the photo quality. I think with a little wash it would look even better. 4.8

Honza78 said...

:) 3,9.

Fluffy said...

I like the blue. 3.7

D. Chouinard said...

Interesting color. Small scale can be hard to work with, great work on the markings! 4.2

Unknown said...

A really interesting scheme and really good job too!
Likewise with the photo quality and wash for more weathering and detail, especially when your fine work has riveting.
The rigging could probably be a bit thinner. But then again, I know that it is really difficult to achieve for this scale, learning from my own build.
4.5 for me.

Anonymous said...

First time I have seen this as a scale model. There are many color drawings of this aircraft on the web. I vote 4.5

Wind Swords